Re: consensus and anonymity

2007-06-01 05:22:34
Brian E Carpenter wrote:
Combined response:
On 2007-05-31 23:07, Andy Bierman wrote:
I think the inability of the IETF to make decisions in
an open, deterministic, and verifiable manner is a major flaw.
It promotes indecision and inaction.

I think the ability of some other SDOs to take go/no go decisions on
unpublished documents by a fixed deadline, based on corporate voting,
is a major flaw. It promotes superfical review and flawed documents.

This has more to do with corporate culture and the low priority
of 'quality' in the business model.  The IETF's reluctance to
accurately quantify consensus is a different matter.  Making bad decisions
on time is not the only other option.