Re: consensus and anonymity

2007-06-01 17:00:36
Henning Schulzrinne wrote:
This is not some hypothetical case. In that WG, there had been no consensus for a year+ and it seemed unlikely that one would emerge, except by exhaustion. Thus, the ADs proceeded with a vote, with the properties described previously, which was then used as a basis for a protocol decision. (Disclosure: I was at the losing end of that decision.)

You could have always done what megaco did: flip a coin. At least that's
pretty hard to game.

      Mike, "before we flip that coin, lets be clear on the question again:
                  'heads I win, tails you lose' right?"