RE: Last Call: draft-chakrabarti-ipv6-addrselect-api (IPv6 Socket API for Address Selection) to Informational RFC

2007-06-05 02:51:30
All,
I'm passing along a comment from one of our developers.  Sorry, I have
not closely read the draft myself. But, if more clarification is needed,
I'll be happy to get more information.

In section 13, the draft describes a procedure applications should
follow in case they require to use the address according to the
selection preferences specified (they should not communicate with
'wrong' address and fail). The procedure requires the application to do
a 'connect()' in step 3. The application may not even want to connect
(may be a TCP application) in case it is not getting a non-preferred
address. There should be a procedure described for such applications
too.

Thanks,
Vidya

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:iesg-secretary(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 3:41 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Subject: Last Call: draft-chakrabarti-ipv6-addrselect-api
(IPv6 Socket API for Address Selection) to Informational RFC

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter
to consider the following document:

- 'IPv6 Socket API for Address Selection '
   <draft-chakrabarti-ipv6-addrselect-api-05.txt> as an
Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and
solicits final comments on this action.  Please send
substantive comments to the ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing lists by
2007-06-04. Exceptionally, comments may be sent to
iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org instead. In either case, please retain the

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chakrabarti-ipv6-add
rselect-api-05.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via