Re: TLS requirements (Last Call: draft-ietf-atompub-protocol to Proposed Standard)

2007-06-05 02:51:29
Eric Rescorla wrote:
I agree that these specs should explicitly specify which TLS version
to support. As a practical matter, this is either 1.0 or 1.1, since
1.2 is not yet finished. Unfortunately, which one to require isn't
really something that can be decided on technical grounds: the
protocols are very slightly different and (at least in theory)
backward compatible. TLS 1.1 is slightly more secure and TLS 1.0 is
quite a bit more widely deployed.
On balance, I think this probably turns into a MUST for 1.0 and a
SHOULD for 1.1, but I could certainly see this argued another way.

I noticed that atompub is on next Thursday's IESG agenda. Any news on how this issue will be resolved?

Best regards, Julian