Re: Withdrawing sponsorship of draft-housley-tls-authz-extns

2007-06-12 07:13:48

Eliot Lear wrote:
It seems to me that this draft has hit some corners in the process, but I would point out that Sam is not the only one who can sponsor the thing, and if nobody else stands up and sponsors it, that would be a good indication that perhaps more work is needed prior to IESG approval.

+1.

To obtain "IETF approval", there needs to be a sponsoring AD. Sam explained why he feels he cannot fill that role any longer. Whether some other AD feels can can serve in his stead is their individual decision. We do not have any rules that compel an AD to sponsor a submission. Indeed, being able to obtain a willing sponsor is considered part of the IETF vetting process.

Nothing prevents the document from being submitted directly to the RFC Editor, for publication as a non-IETF document.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking