Re: Last Call: draft-saintandre-jabberid (The Jabber-ID Header Field) to Proposed Standard

2007-08-24 14:48:11

On Aug 24, 2007, at 11:19 AM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

Cullen Jennings wrote:

I think a much better design would be one that supported many protocols and took advantage of the flexibility or URIs instead of just jabber -
for example a header that looked like

IMPP: xmpp:juliet(_at_)example(_dot_)com

Another approach, naturally, would be to define a header field for
including an im: URI and/or one for including a pres: URI. That seems
fairly straightforward.

Peter

Sure - that works for me too.

BTW - I do like the basic idea of the draft - I just prefer the more general form of it.