Re: Last call comment on draft-weiler-dnssec-dlv-iana-00

2007-09-24 06:53:28
On Sep 24, 2007, at 9:31 AM, Olaf M. Kolkman wrote:
The IAB, obviously, favors expedient deployment of DNSSEC in the DNS root.
David Kessens asked:
Is there any activity by the IAB to achieve this goal ?
[1] http://www.iab.org/documents/correspondence/2006-05-15-IAB- request-to-IANA-to-sign-DNSSEC-zones.html

On this particular issue, IANA is working to make a production version of the signed zones we're responsible for available within the next couple of weeks. You can see the status of our pre- production testbed at <https://ns.iana.org/dnssec/status.html> and the zones mentioned on that page are available for zone transfer at ns.iana.org.

Note that the signed root on ns.iana.org is not the "real" root since the "real" root is published by VeriSign to the 13 root name servers. The content is the same though (with the obvious exception of the DNSSEC-related RRs) and we'll be actively soliciting folks who'd like to be involved in testing of an experimental DNSSEC signed root as soon as we go into production with the other DNSSEC signed IANA zones.

Regards,
-drc