Re: AI_SECURE_CANONNAME, AI_CANONNAME_SEARCH_* (Re: getaddrinfo() and searching)

2007-10-01 21:48:00
Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
   it can be application-specific, without application modification.
   check out "systrace" by Niels Provos.

it's useful but it really isn't flexible enough to remove the need for
applications to be able to specify policies.

      i wonder how many command line options will be added to the
      applications once you start adding up policy stuff... sendmail.cf
      lookalike for every apps?

well, I do think we need a policy specification language that lets
policies for use of the network be specified independently of the
application.   I just don't
think it will be sufficient for all applications.