Re: Would someone help the secretariat figure out why they cannot route to teredo addresses?

2007-10-02 00:21:58
On 1-okt-2007, at 19:50, Sam Hartman wrote:

This is annoying because glibc's source address selection algorithm
seems to prefer teredo addresses to v4 addresses.  So, I get really
bad response times to www.ietf.org when using teredo.

It would help if vendors implemented the RFC 3484 policy table so administrators can override this. (AFAIK, only (Free)BSD and Windows support this.)

Based on the responses to the ticket, it was not entirely clear if the
people at NSS understood how teredo differs from a normal IPV6
address.  I just don't have time to work with them to debug the
problem.

Is there someone out there with significant IPV6 experience who can
reproduce the problem and who would be willing to work with NSS to
resolve?

I'm not currently in the position to test Teredo, but I suspect there is more going on. For instance, I can't reach the IETF or ARIN using 2001:1af8:2:5::2. The problem seems to be with OCCAID, which provides IPv6 connectivity to both.