Re: Would someone help the secretariat figure out why they cannot route to teredo addresses?

2007-10-02 08:22:22
Le Monday 01 October 2007 20:50:00 ext Sam Hartman, vous avez 扤crit:
Hi.  I opened a ticket with the secretariat a few weeks ago
complaining that I cannot reach www.ietf.org using a teredo address
either allocated through the Microsoft Teredo server or the Debian
teredo server.

This is annoying because glibc's source address selection algorithm
seems to prefer teredo addresses to v4 addresses.  So, I get really
bad response times to www.ietf.org when using teredo.

To make a long short, that depends on your glibc version. As far as I
remember, RFC3484 was implemented in version 2.4. Configurable policy in
version 2.5, and Teredo in the default policy only very recently.

        this really shows that the approaches with policy table is very against
        of KISS principle...

itojun