Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-dnsop-reflectors-are-evil-04.txt

2007-10-03 12:19:35
Danny McPherson writes:
Really?  How many ISPs are you aware of that have
*decommissioned* every piece of routing gear in their
network in the past 7 years?

I think we're an ISP (AS559), and we don't have any equipment that
would be unable to filter against spoofed source addresses.

In fact I think that even seven years ago all our equipment could do
this.  Yes, I know about certain "Engine-N" generations of certain
linecards for certain "high-end" routers, but my sympathy to those
ISPs who still use them is limited.  (Especially with those ISPs that
keep a few in their network just as an excuse for not deploying BCP39
anywhere :-)
--
Simon.