RE: Travel Considerations

2007-10-12 12:37:31
Wow, has this conversation wandered into the weeds, or what?

Time out for station identification; this is the "Internet
Engineering Task Force."

Thanks!

--
Eric Gray
Principal Engineer
Ericsson

-----Original Message-----
From: James M. Polk [mailto:jmpolk(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 3:18 PM
To: Dan Harkins; Eric Burger
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Travel Considerations

Unfortunately, using this logic -- I can buy a tank and get 2
gallons-to-the-mile mileage because the rest of the planet (or at
least America) is still buying SUVs that get horrible mileage too,
since there will be nearly an unmeasurable difference to global
warming if I drive my tank or not... so why not drive it anyway.

There is an individual responsibility to change what we each can
change to help.  As an organization, we can have a greater positive
affect if we reduce demand for such spoke flights by only flying to
hub sites of major airlines -- if we're going to continue to
meet in person.

If other organizations see ours as an example, and do the same, then
the positive affect is greater on us doing the right thing...

Doing the right thing in mass has to start somewhere -- why does it
have to start somewhere else here?

It's Friday...