Re: Offer of time on the IPR WG agenda for rechartering

2007-10-25 13:12:52
Lawrence Rosen skrev:
Harald,

I am unable to be in Vancouver for the meeting, but I hope that someone else
there will support the re-charter of the IPR WG as I suggested in my earlier
email:

***************

I request that we charter the IETF IPR-WG to propose policies and
procedures, consistent with the worldwide mission of IETF, which will result
in IETF specifications unencumbered by restrictive, non-free patents.

Thanks for the comment. I look forward to seeing your I-D, and hope you
will find someone to present it in Vancouver.

I also hope that a decision on this will not be based simply on who attends
in Vancouver, but on a wider representative vote of IETF participants.

Since we don't vote, it won't be decided by a vote.
I don't rule out opinion polls...