Re: Offer of time on the IPR WG agenda for rechartering

2007-10-25 11:19:59
I'd like the people who want time on the agenda to supply a text (preferably
published as an I-D), which summarizes, as clearly as possible:

- What they think has changed since the last IPR WG evaluation of patent policy

- What changes in overall direction they think the WG should address

- What the charter for this activity should look like

If more than one such proposal should appear, I'd suggest giving each
submitter a 5-10 minute slot for making their argument, and leaving at least
half an hour for general discussion.

Please submit I-Ds with the name pattern of
draft-<submitter>-ipr-patent-<something> - that would make it easy for us to
find them all.

The timeslot for the WG is Tuesday morning from 0900 to 1130; the rechartering
discussion would be within the time from 1030 to 1130.

Just to be clear, if someone has the view that documents like Simon's
how-to should be within the charter of the working group, but that there
are no changes needed to the base policy, do you still want an I-D?  Or
is a rationale submitted as a short statement enough?

                                        Ted