Re: An example of what is wrong with the IETF's IPv6 documentation

2007-10-26 11:01:03
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:52:36 +0200
JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es> wrote:

As IETF Sergeant-at-arms, I will suggest that this topic is specific to 6MAN
and should be further discussed there.

Books worked for me, but then again, I'm willing to spend my own money
on keeping my knowledge up to date. It seems a fair number of
operational people aren't interested in doing that. RFCs of course
helped clarify points.

RFCs themselves are a waste of time I think for this problem. In my
experience most operational people in networking don't read those
either - sadly they don't know what they're missing.

Power point presentations at NANOG and other meetings seems to be the
only answer (sadly). Maybe groups like the IPv6 forum need to create
evangelist roles and send those people around to evangelising.

Regards,
Mark.