Re: A priori IPR choices

2007-10-26 17:30:45
(Cross posting removed)

On 2007-10-24 22:56, Philippe Verdy wrote:

However, the FSF recognizes that, until now, the IETF was more strict about
the licensing conditions, rejecting proposals that included royalties-maker
licenses and explicit personal agreement between the licensor and the
licensees (under this scheme, if it was accepted, nothing would prevent a
licensor to start charging yearly royalties to each licensor for exercising
the patented rights.

In that case the FSF recognized wrong... the IETF has often approved standards
track documents with IPR disclosures setting RAND conditions.