Re: tools everywhere (was Daily Dose version 2 launched

2007-11-03 10:38:31

--On 2. november 2007 21:39 -0400 "Scott O. Bradner" <sob(_at_)harvard(_dot_)edu> wrote:

brian corrected:
ID submission isn't at the tools server, it's at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idst/upload.cgi

true but it shows my point as well
why not
www.ietf.org/id/submit

"datatracker" is a meaningful as "tools" in this context

My 2 cents:
Like domain names, user-visible URLs should be memorable, not meaningful.

I'm personally irritated at the .cgi, or .php extensions, which tell me something about the implementation mechanisms that I don't want to care about and have my doubts about wanting "everyone" to know.

But the actual value of URLs is, in my opinion, not worth bothering about.

             Harald