RE: Patents can be for good, not only evil

2007-11-04 10:02:19
Very few patents are on the light bulb.  Most are on better filaments.

This highlights one reason why the system encourages people to patent
stuff.  If I want to market foo, which is an improvement on bar, then
the owner of the patent on bar hopefully wants access to my improvement
foo, which entices them to cross-license.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Dambier [mailto:peter(_at_)peter-dambier(_dot_)de]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 8:39 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Patents can be for good, not only evil

There are 2 people who own every right on computers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Babbage

and programming

http://www.agnesscott.edu/Lriddle/women/love.htm

All patents therafter are infringements of the work of these two people.

Well even those two people built on the work of other people.

Kind regards
Peter and Karin Dambier

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:02:10 -0700