Re: Last Call: draft-arkko-rfc2780-proto-update (IANA Allocation Guidelines for the Protocol Field) to BCP

2007-11-05 17:09:23
On 2007-11-06 11:35, Frank Ellermann wrote:
The IESG wrote:

   <draft-arkko-rfc2780-proto-update-00.txt> as a BCP

+1, maybe s/to use of the/to use the limited/

I also think this is an appropriate, even if significant,
change of policy. I really don't see why we would give away
a precious resource such as a protocol number for secret
usage.

Red herring as far as this draft is concerned: I'd be interested
to know why we are still willing to allow non-disclosure for
port numbers (see RFC 2780 sections 8 and 9.1). Port numbers
are going fast.

From -00 to Last Call in less than three hours, is that
a "speedy publish" procedure I haven't heard of before ?

I-D submission tool plus the sponsoring AD's special buttons in
the I-D tracker. Seems like eating our own dogfood to me.

   Brian