Gen-ART Last Call review of draft-klensin-unicode-escapes-06.txt

2007-11-06 20:19:48
I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

you may receive.

Document: draft-klensin-unicode-escapes-06.txt
Reviewer: Spencer Dawkins
Review Date: 2007-11-08
IETF LC End Date: 2007-11-15
IESG Telechat date:

Comments: This document uses a fair amount of SHOULD/SHOULD NOT language without a lot of explanation about why the SHOULDs are not MUSTs. I'm not sure what's appropriate for an APPS-area BCP, but I usually ask about SHOULD/SHOULD NOT without guidance.

This is a BCP that recommends two different encoding escapes. If the SHOULDs are something like "MUST unless you're using the other method", is 2119 language even needed?

Thanks,

Spencer