RE: Audio streaming server challenges tuesday afternoon.

2007-12-04 18:56:38
In both sessions in the afternoon that I attended (ipfix, opsawg) people
who were on jabber and listening to audio streams complained about
repeated interruptions in the audio feed.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Jaeggli [mailto:joelja(_at_)bogus(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 3:25 AM
To: IETF Discussion
Subject: Audio streaming server challenges tuesday afternoon.

It turns our that the server configuration on the primary
audio server wasn't quite adequate to support the client
resource demands on Tuesday the 4th... At some point the i/o
wait queue would get too deep and it would start dumping encoders.

I have made some changes that should alleviate the pressure.
unfortunately it meant inducing an additional outage. the
recordings should not be affected but the afternoon listening
situation has been challenging.

If you continue to experience issues please do not hesitate
to contact me, and I appreciate your forbearance.