Re: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

2007-12-18 01:20:37
Phillip Hallam-Baker <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote:

what is proposed here is more of the nature of a PR stunt, a proof
of concept than a test of a transition strategy.

I agree that it cannot be a true "test of a transition strategy" since
the main problem with any transition strategy is the meachnism for
somehow influencing those who don't particularly care about the
opinion of those who try to tell everyone else what the transition
strategy should be.

PR stunts can be good, but they can also have the opposite effect if you
don't know what is going to happen. I have been involved in several
'public' interop events at conferences. There is no way I would be
within a hundred feet of one, let alone participate if I did not have
absolute certainty in advance of what the result was going to be (yes
there is usually a pre-interop before hand).

+1

Greetings,
Norbert.

--