With all of this layer 10 discussion of V4 V6 outages...which bores me to no end.

2007-12-19 19:33:29
It's useful to have a holiday season reminder of why we are doing any of
this at all.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/19/education/19physics.html?em&ex=1198213200&;
en=f1969a5703b764c9&ei=5087%0A

If there was ever a reason to reflect on why we argue about dancing packets
on the head of a pin this is it.

It is a ongoing privilege to make things like this happen.

This article BTW is the Number One emailed article currently on the NY Times
web site.

Richard Shockey
Director, Member of the Technical Staff
NeuStar
46000 Center Oak Plaza - Sterling, VA 20166
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us>
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>