Anyone else having trouble reaching tools.ietf.org?

2007-12-26 13:28:26
Is anyone else having trouble reaching http://tools.ietf.org ? Over the past few weeks I've found that I'm often unable to reach the server at tools.ietf.org. I'll click on the URL for an Internet- Draft, for instance, and in a minute or two I get back the good old Firefox "Server not found" error. I try to ping the server and all packets are lost. When I do a dig, I get this:

; <<>> DiG 9.3.4 <<>> tools.ietf.org
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;tools.ietf.org.                        IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
tools.ietf.org.         14391   IN      A       194.146.105.14
tools.ietf.org.         14391   IN      A       192.36.157.99

I've tried connecting to both IP addresses via ping and also HTTP and get nothing.

Sometimes when this happens I wait a few minutes and hit the refresh/ reload button and the page comes in. Other times I'll try a number of times and then just give up and go on to something else.

Is there a transition issue that is perhaps affecting this? It's been the past few weeks since coming back from IETF 70 that I've noticed this happening intermittently. I'm able to get to the main http://www.ietf.org/ site perfectly fine and also to other random web sites so it does not appear to be a connectivity issue on my end.

Any suggestions or information would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan York, CISSP, Director of Emerging Communication Technology
Office of the CTO    Voxeo Corporation     dyork(_at_)voxeo(_dot_)com

Bring your web applications to the phone.
Find out how at http://evolution.voxeo.com