Re: Anyone else having trouble reaching tools.ietf.org?

2007-12-28 04:29:55
Hi Yaakov,

On 2007-12-27 07:02 Yaakov Stein said the following:
Is anyone else having trouble reaching http://tools.ietf.org ? Over
the past few weeks I've found that I'm often unable to reach the
server at tools.ietf.org.  I'll click on the URL for an
Internet-Draft, for instance, and in a minute or two I get back the
good old Firefox "Server not found"
error.  I try to ping the server and all packets are lost.

I had problems last week. 404'ed for an hour or so, pings lost.
Since then everything has been fine.

One of the three servers (www1.tools.ietf.org) is down due to a disk
crash.

For a long time (the last 6 months or so?), tools.ietf.org has resolved
to the other two servers only, so at first I didn't think people would
have any trouble because of this, but then realized some people had
bookmarks pointing specifically to www1.tools.ietf.org.  I then re-pointed
that to one of the servers which are up and running, which probably accounts
for things having been fine for you since your trouble last week.

The broken disk has been replaced and the OS re-installed, but due to
Christmas I haven't replaced content and brought up the scripts on the
third box yet.  I don't think this should affect anyone now, after the
DNS fix, but if you see any problems, let me know.

        Henrik