Re: I-D Action:draft-hoffman-tao4677bis-00.txt

2008-01-17 16:53:32
   Added sentences to section 8.1 explaining that BCPs and FYIs are sub-
   series of Informational RFCs.

Namely:

   The sub-series of FYIs and
   BCPs are comprised of "Informational documents" in the sense of the
   enumeration above, with special tagging applied.

That's certainly true of the FYI series (which I believe the
RFC Editor regards as dormant today).

It absolutely is not true of the BCP series - they are
single-stage normative documents, and not a subset of
Informational documents. If there's text in RFC 2026 that
implies otherwise, I need to update draft-carpenter-rfc2026-changes
again.

    Brian