Re: I-D Action:draft-hoffman-tao4677bis-00.txt

2008-01-17 21:15:46

On 17-Jan-2008, at 18:50, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Added sentences to section 8.1 explaining that BCPs and FYIs are sub-
  series of Informational RFCs.

Namely:

  The sub-series of FYIs and
  BCPs are comprised of "Informational documents" in the sense of the
  enumeration above, with special tagging applied.

That's certainly true of the FYI series (which I believe the
RFC Editor regards as dormant today).

For what it's worth, there's a document in the dnsop queue which the wg intends to send up the tree for publication as fyi, once past wg last call. So the series might be dormant today, but there's a reasonable chance it might snort in its sleep and roll over in due course.

Joe