Re: Internet Draft Submission cutoff dates

2008-01-18 18:19:04
On 2008-01-19 09:04, Fred Baker wrote:

On Jan 18, 2008, at 11:18 AM, Eric Gray wrote:

For the people who participate in a fair number of working groups in
the IETF, requiring early posting allows for a greater likelihood that
they will be able to at least skim each new draft sometime before
setting up their laptop at the beginning of each meeting in which that
draft will be discussed.

Yes, and dating from my time in office, that was also a consideration.

A possible approach would be to use the cutoff dates as deadlines
for drafts to be placed on the WG agenda - i.e. allow automated
posting to continue unabated, but only allow "late" drafts to be
discussed in the meeting if so agreed during agenda-bashing.

I certainly think that having a couple of weeks to read drafts
is desirable. One week including intercontinental travel is
very short.

    Brian