Re: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-enum-calendar-service-03

2008-01-20 09:15:51
Hi Larry,

Larry Zhu wrote:

1. Overall, the document does not discuss I18N. Is it required that the mailto
contains US ASCII only when it is encoded in DNS? This is unclear to me.

While there was a discussion to extend mailto URIs to allow for internationalized email addresses (as defined by the EAI WG), this work hasn't started yet. RFC 2368 (the latest RFC describing "mailto:";) doesn't allow non-ASCII email addresses. However I agree that adding a clarifying sentence on this to draft-ietf-enum-calendar-service would be useful.

On a unrelated note: draft-ietf-enum-calendar-service doesn't seem to prohibit mailto URI parameters. Is this a bug or a feature?