Re: Finding information

2008-01-20 09:34:43
On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 09:15:26AM -0500, Edward Lewis wrote:
At 10:25 -0800 1/19/08, Bob Braden wrote:
 *>
 *> The RFC repository also has rfc-index.txt, which lists all the RFCs,

And an RFC search engine... just type "1730" into the little box,
and it will magically return the information you want, including
links to the text and to any errata that may exist.

I just noticed this thread.  In late December I posted this to the
DNSEXT sleeping-WG mail list:
  http://www.ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2007/msg00769.html
(and there are some follow ups).

The IETF document repositories are good at letting you find the
document you want if you know the document number.  But knowing the
document number is often the problem.

        having done stints in retail when i was younger, the most
        difficult customers would come in the record store and
        ask for the LP that sounded like "... dum, de dumm, dum,de..."

        the rfc-index is like unto a library card catalog.

--bill