Re: Finding information

2008-01-21 08:41:42
Thanks to all who have responded to my question, either directly or to
the list.  They have been very helpful.

Willie

Willie Gillespie wrote:
As someone new to the IETF, how should I go about doing the following?

I want to find some information about IMAP and its extensions.  Let's
say I found RFC 1730.  How would I know that it had been obsoleted by
RFC 2060 and then by RFC 3501?  How do I find the extensions?  I don't
necessarily want to search through a list of 5000 entries to find what I
want.

That's where I think a naming scheme like IETF-IMAP would be handy.
Then I could look at a list of IETF-IMAP and see IETF-IMAP-2003 would be
newer than IETF-IMAP-1996.

But that's beside the point.  As of right now, how do I find this
information?  Is there a handy tool on tools.ietf.org that I should use?

Thanks for your help.

Willie