Re: Finding information

2008-01-22 00:18:42
Henrik Levkowetz skrev:

On 2008-01-21 11:24 Stephane Bortzmeyer said the following:
On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 03:01:24AM -0800,
 Tony Li <tli(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote  a message of 23 lines which said:

Or, you can google IMAP and come up with 3501 straight away...

Bad idea. Not only it makes the RFC process depend on an external
organization, but it often fails for the reasons explained by the
OP. For instance, googling Sieve does not bring back RFC 5228...

Submitting 'sieve' in the document search form on
http://tools.ietf.org/html
returns 3028 as the first result, and a link to the htmlized 3028
which notes
that it has been obsoleted by 5228.  (I'm surprised that the search
results
doesn't already include 5228, too, but I expect they will fairly soon).
The sieve WG web page also doesn't list 5228 as a product, so I guess
some routine updates are on hold while the transition is taking place.

               Harald