Re: Finding information

2008-01-18 19:44:46
On 2008-01-19 13:05, Ken Raeburn wrote:
On Jan 18, 2008, at 18:55, Willie Gillespie wrote:
As someone new to the IETF, how should I go about doing the following?

I want to find some information about IMAP and its extensions.  Let's
say I found RFC 1730.  How would I know that it had been obsoleted by
RFC 2060 and then by RFC 3501?  How do I find the extensions?  I don't
necessarily want to search through a list of 5000 entries to find what I
want.

The RFC repository also has rfc-index.txt, which lists all the RFCs, and
for each, other RFCs that update or replace them, or are updated or
replaced by them.  That'd be a good place to start.

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcxx00.html presents the
information that is implicit in rfc-index in a more
digestible form.

   Brian