Re: SECDIR review of draft-cridland-imap-context-03

2008-01-21 06:49:35
On Fri Jan 18 20:53:25 2008, Chris Lonvick wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, Bob Braden wrote:

 *>
 *> Section 4.4, second paragraph (s/may/MAY)
*> Only a single PARTIAL search return option may be present in a single
 *>     command.
 *> Should this be:
*> Only a single PARTIAL search return option MAY be present in a single
 *>     command.
 *>
 *>
 *> Best regards,
 *> Chris

"can be"?

That's possible - I think that the authors need to clarify it better.
It may be May be or may be can be or doo be shoo whop.  :-)

This one does need clarification - I try to use RFC2119 language sparingly, in an attempt to make it stand out better, but in this case it's needed. "may" was English, rather than RFC2119. Another way of phrasing would be (and including a minor clarification):

"A single command MUST NOT contain more than one PARTIAL or ALL search return option."

Dave.