RE: IPv6 NAT?

2008-02-15 11:12:22
      Consider the case where my home network is IPv6, my broadband
provider
is IPv4 only and the box I am ultimately contacting is IPv6.

      There you have an IPV6 NAT box, its called the legacy IPv4
Internet
and its going to be around for at least as long as Telex survived after

the invention of email.

The first email message that I sent was in 1974 but I believe it was
around
earlier than that. Here in the UK, BT plans to shut down the Telex
network
by next month, March 2008 according to
<http://www.sinet.bt.com/331v2p1.pdf>

It is becoming increasingly clear that we are not in a transition to
IPv6,
but in a transition to IPv4-IPv6 coexistence and interoperation. It's
messy
but that is what is coming down the road.

--Michael Dillon