Re: IPv6 @ IETF-71, especially Jabber

2008-02-29 11:36:16
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 03:34:41PM +0100,
Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch(_at_)muada(_dot_)com> wrote
a message of 35 lines which said:

What's going on with the preparations to turn off IPv4 at IETF-71?
It's been really quiet surrounding that topic since the initial
discussion.

Because IPv6-only events are already banal?

Hardly that. My understanding is that the IETF experiment is designed to
give additional experience with configuration options as the NANOG
and Apricot events were focused on v6only and v4v6 via NAT-PT.

We're still learning new things with each v6 hour and I (for one) hope to
see these experiments carried out in a number of venues as the "real
world" experience helps inform on-going work.

http://www.civil-tongue.net/clusterf/

see:
http://www.civil-tongue.net/clusterf/wiki/APRICOT2008-Handout
http://www.civil-tongue.net/clusterf/wiki/APRICOT2008-Lessons

for some the the details of the last go-round.

- Lucy