Re: Possible RFC 3683 PR-action

2008-03-26 05:24:10
jnc(_at_)mercury(_dot_)lcs(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu (Noel Chiappa) writes:

    > From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com>

    > If someone participates under a pseudonym with the objective of
    > inserting patented technology and anyone finds out they are in big
    > trouble. Much worse than any prior case.

We should write in our rules that anyone who contributes technology to any
IETF activity which they know to be either a) patented, b) the subject of a
filing, or c) the subject of a planned future filing, *without disclosing said
patent status* to the WG/I*, either:

Could we get away with making the NOTE WELL more visible?

For example, require that everyone (including any pseudonymous
contributors) who submit an internet-draft needs to ACK that they have
read and understood the NOTE WELL?

/Simon