Re: IETF Last Call for two IPR WG Dcouments

2008-03-28 11:40:56
SM wrote:
At 03:01 28-03-2008, Simon Josefsson wrote:

To give the Trust something concrete to work with I propose to add the
following:

  To make sure the granted rights are usable in practice, they need to
  at least meet the requirements of the Open Source Definition [OSD],
  the Free Software Definition [FSD], and the Debian Free Software
  Guidelines [DFSG].

These are not guidelines; they are requirements.

This is true.

Rather than wrangling over text that might be added to -outbound,
perhaps it would be more productive to describe how members of the
Internet community can provide input to the Trust regarding this issue
(or any other, for that matter). It seems to me that the information at
http://trustee.ietf.org/ does not describe the relevant processes, other
than mentioning <mailto:iad(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/