Re: IETF Last Call for two IPR WG Dcouments

2008-04-03 23:34:51

Colleagues,

The IAB discussed the IPR documents during its most recent call. It unanimously decided that the IAB-stream is to be covered by the incoming IPR document. It is our understanding that the iab-stream documents IPR are then automatically covered by the outbounds rights that the IETF trust will establish based on the advice in draft-ietf- ipr-outbound rights.

We also want to stress that for any change in the inbound rights for streams other than the ietf- and iab-stream there needs to be a stream dependent discussion and approval process as indicated in RFC 4844 "The RFC Series and RFC Editor" section 4.2.3.

To that extent section 4 of the draft should explicitly mention that the irtf-, the independent- and any possible future streams are not covered by the draft.

For the IAB,

Olaf Kolkman