Re: WG Review: NETCONF Data Modeling Language (netmod)

2008-04-23 07:45:44
At Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:39:13 +0200,
Harald Alvestrand wrote:
I congratulate the participants who worked on the charter on managing to
have the discussion and come to consensus on an approach. I think it's
up to Eric to demonstrate to the IESG that there's support in the
community for disagreeing with the consensus of the discussing participants.

Harald,

Thanks for your comments.

I certainly agree that there is consensus on this approach among the
proponents of the various proposals. My concern, perhaps not clearly
stated, was that that consensus had not been validated with a wider
community, either in the BOF or in a more public forum. Based on the
discussion here, I think it's clear that in fact there is broad
consensus among the people who care.

I remain concerned that this is the wrong technical approach; it
appears to me to be unnecessary and overcomplicated. However, it's
clear that's a minority opinion, so I'll drop my objection to this
charter.

Best,
-Ekr