Re: IETF Last Call on draft-funk-eap-ttls-v0-04.txt

2008-04-29 12:16:06

Overall this document looks good.  I only have two minor comments.

Section 12.2

"For EAP-TTLSv0, the Peer-Id is null."

I agree that the Peer-Id is null in the case where there is
server-onlyauthentication and no cryptographic binding, since in this case,
theidentity of the peer entity contributing to the keying material is not
known.

However, when client certificate authentication is used in Phase 1, Iwould
suggest that the Peer-Id is defined as in [RFC5216] Section 5.2.
NITs:
Change [RFC2716bis] to [RFC5216] everywhere.