RE: IETF Last Call on draft-funk-eap-ttls-v0-04.txt

2008-04-30 08:22:28
OK.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jari Arkko [mailto:jari(_dot_)arkko(_at_)piuha(_dot_)net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:25 PM
To: Bernard Aboba
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; paulfunk(_at_)alum(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu
Subject: Re: IETF Last Call on draft-funk-eap-ttls-v0-04.txt

Thanks for your review, Bernard. Paul is about to prepare a new version
based on IESG review comments. Can you take care of Bernard's
suggestions at the same time?

Jari

Bernard Aboba kirjoitti:
Overall this document looks good.  I only have two minor comments.

Section 12.2

"For EAP-TTLSv0, the Peer-Id is null."

I agree that the Peer-Id is null in the case where there is server-only
authentication and no cryptographic binding, since in this case, the
identity of the peer entity contributing to the keying material is not
known.

However, when client certificate authentication is used in Phase 1, I
would suggest that the Peer-Id is defined as in [RFC5216] Section 5.2.

NITs:
Change [RFC2716bis] to [RFC5216] everywhere.