RFC 3484 Section 6 Rule 9

2008-06-01 21:57:52

        This rule should not exist for IPv4 or IPv6.  Longest match
        does not make a good sorting critera for destination address
        selection.  In fact it has the opposite effect by concentrating
        traffic on particular address rather than spreading load.

        I received a request today asking us to break up DNS RRsets
        as a workaround to the rule.    Can we please get a errata
        entry for RFC 3484 stating that this rule needs to be ignored.

        Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE:  +61 2 9871 4742                  INTERNET: