RE: RNET: Randon Network Endpoint Technology

2008-06-19 09:57:50

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Chad Giffin
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 9:49 AM
To: IETF
Subject: RNET: Randon Network Endpoint Technology

Chad Christopher Giffin
Suite 205
123 Mayfair Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Canada   R3L 0A1

Phone: 1  204  475-1210

June 18th, 1145h CDT

To all members of the IETF mailing list;

     I have posted a description, twice, of the RNET protocol
to this mailing list.  I have also provided some updates
concerning peer to peer connections between RNET Hosts.

     I have yet to receive /any/ response (other then an
email with an empty body) concerning by postings.

Here is a response, which appeared to have been CC'd to you:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg51774.html

I agree with Eric; based on the description of RNET, it sounds much like STUN
combined with a rendezvous protocol (e.g., SIP).  RNET is also similar to
HIP's NAT traversal.

STUN is RFC3489 and draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis.  SIP is RFC3261.  The use of
STUN with SIP is best described in draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios.  HIP's
NAT traversal is described in draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal.

Hope that helps,
-d

     Please tell me what you, as members of this list, think
about RNET.

     Should it exist?
     Who should be allowed to use it?
     Should it exists and remain hidden?
     Has anything been overlooked in it's design?
     How much more work is needed to make this a reality
(besides have the Vendors of routing equipment and software
incorporate this technology into their IP stacks?)

     I am a great many people support this technology and we
wish it to be a reality.

     Please provide some response.
     It need not be too revealing.
     At least show some support.

     So many of us would appreciate anonynimity on the
Internet to avoid being detected by those who should never
know of our identity and/or location.  As well, it will deter
quite effificiently crackers from attacking our systems.

     The end result would simply be that all serious
individual users (nodes) of the Internet would have anonymous
endpoints and the advertised endpoints would be what is
publically accessible.

Yours Truly,

Chad Christopher Giffin
a.k.a.  "typo"