Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-arifumi-6man-rfc3484-revise-00

2008-06-23 02:52:17
Folks,

I submitted the following draft regarding RFC 3484 revision.
This draft covers these issues:

- to remove the description regarding site-local unicast address.
- ULA related changes, such as the default policy table.
- to disable the rule 9 of the destination address selection rules.
  i.e. the longest matching rule.

Though we had discussion regarding the longest matching rule at
several places like ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org and v6ops(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org, why
not
discuss at 6man to start ?

Any comments are welcome.

Begin forwarded message:

差出人: IETF I-D Submission Tool <idsubmission(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
日時: 2008年6月19日 18:40:27:JST
宛?癆潯\xE8: arifumi(_at_)nttv6(_dot_)net
Cc: fujisaki(_at_)syce(_dot_)net, hiromi(_at_)inetcore(_dot_)com,
kanayama_kenichi(_at_)intec-si(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp
件名: New Version Notification for draft-arifumi-6man-rfc3484- revise-00

A new version of I-D, draft-arifumi-6man-rfc3484-revise-00.txt has been successfuly submitted by Arifumi Matsumoto and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-arifumi-6man-rfc3484-revise
Revision:        00
Title:           Things To Be Considered for RFC 3484 Revision
Creation_date:   2008-06-19
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 10

Abstract:
RFC 3484 has several known issues to be fixed mainly because of the
deprecation of IPv6 site-local unicast address and the coming of ULA.
Additionally, the rule 9 of the destination address selection rules,
namely the longest matching rule, is known for its adverse effect on
the round robin DNS technique.  This document covers these essential
points to be modified and proposes possible useful changes to be
included in the revision of RFC 3484.

The IETF Secretariat.