Re: Appeal against IESG blocking DISCUSS on draft-klensin-rfc2821bis

2008-06-23 14:36:18
John:

Russ, that note was sent to the mailing list after I received
your "change the document or appeal" note.   I believed that
note from you closed the door on any further dialogue with you
(or the IESG).  The note to the SMTP list was simply to collect
opinions on which of the two choices you gave me to adopt.

If you intended the "change the document or appeal" note to be
interpreted in any other way, I apologize for not copying you on
the question to the list, but I really could not figure out any
other way to read it (and cannot to this day).

That was in response you your note that said I needed to change my position from DISCUSS to COMMENT or you would appeal. I was simply confirming the position that we had reached. That position is now clear to all.

Russ