Re: Update of RFC 2606 based on the recent ICANN changes?

2008-07-02 08:41:02
<blush>

Thanks!

Steve

On Jul 1, 2008, at 6:36 PM, John Levine wrote:

This does not mean that ICANN won't listen to the IETF; it means
that there will be voices more familiar to ICANN saying things
different than we are.

One of the few ICANN committees that actually works is the SSAC, the
Security and Stability Advisory Committee.  It includes a lot of
people we know, starting with Steve Crocker, the chair.  I cannot ever
recall a time when ICANN acted contrary to the advice of the SSAC.

So although I agree that there's a lot not to like about ICANN, the
chances that they will do technically dangerous things are low.

http://www.icann.org/committees/security/

R's,
John