Re: Call for review of proposed update to ID-Checklist

2008-07-09 09:38:10

On Wed, 2008-07-09, Spencer Dawkins wrote:
If an example describes a complex network topology, it could be
appropriate to use a variety of names, IP addresses or prefixes that are
easily disambiguated, so that the reader might follow the example more
easily.

I wonder if it would make it easier to use "example" DNS names if, in
addition to the verbose and clumsy: "*.example", IMHO, we reserved gTLDs
like "*.foo", "*.bar", "*.bat", "*.baz", as well as the one used quite
frequently on this list lately: "*.tld", for use as example DNS names.

Or do we assume that economic concerns would triumph here?

--
Bill McQuillan <McQuilWP(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>