Re: Call for review of proposed update to ID-Checklist

2008-07-08 20:19:29
Pete Resnick wrote:

The document says:
"If ABNF is used, you MUST include a normative reference to RFC 4234."

To quote two fine radio personalities here in the states, this one
seems "boooooooooogus". Yes, any I-D that uses ABNF must include a
normative reference to RFC 4234

The ID-Checklist should pass a simple IDnits test, which would point
out that RFC 4234 was obsoleted by RFC 5234 six months ago (IIRC).

The ID-Checklist should exist in plain text format.  The output was
obviously created by xml2rfc, which can also create plain text, and
plain text can be processed by IDnits.  It can be also processed by
"rfcmarkup" to create the simple HTML working with older browsers.

It can be also processed by various cute I-D diff tools, allowing
reviews of small changes.

 Frank