RE: Call for review of proposed update to ID-Checklist

2008-07-08 13:35:17
Bert,

FWIW, that is always how I have taken the list and why I have
appreciated the effort, both when you led the initial version
and the IESG's effort to clarify things now.   I, at least, also
appreciated the "DISCUSS criteria" document in the same spirit
-- the more the community understands about what the IESG
expects or requires, and on what issues the IESG considers it
appropriate to block documents regardless of consensus in the
developing group or the community in general, the better off we
will all be... and the less work both editors and the IESG
should have to do.

But, in the presence of something that seemed to express a
strong preference turning into a firm, and very broad, rule in a
way that some of us found surprising, it seems worth the effort
on this round to push a little bit further in the direction of
clarity.

    john

--On Tuesday, 08 July, 2008 22:28 +0200 Bert Wijnen - IETF